Saturday, September 29, 2007

Okay,I've been tagged!

Here are seven random things about myself:
1. I was the oldest for 11 years, and a Daddy's girl, in which he had me driving the tractor at 3 yrs of age so he could unload the manure spreader. He would tell me which way to turn, so he says, and laughed, cuz, I would turn around and look at him and go zig-zagging in the field. (I'm not sure I'd let my son do that!)
2. At seven, I ran the tractor in a tree cuz I couldn't turn the wheel fast enough to make it around the turn and it was very hard steering. (I don't think power steering was in exsistence at that time). After the front loader rammed in the tree, it stalled. There I sat crying, so sure dad was going to be upset. And when he saw me, he laughed.
3.Once a friend and I took a walk at dusk, some guys stopped to talk to us, we kept walking to get away from them. We could hear them drive down the road and turn around and start back, so we took off running in the woods and hid, unbeknowns to us, right in a patch of ivy poison, which we were both allergic too. We arrived safely home after dark, but suffered for weeks.
4. Another friend (Won't mention any names)and I went "cruising" down the main drag of town and while we were stopped at a red light a crazy man, who we thought was crossing the street in front of us, stuck his head in the window and screamed at the top of his lungs at us. (Lesson learned -- Don't do things just to be cool!)
5. At ten, I lost 4 siblings in a house fire, in dealing with some of the emotions involved, my Mom would stress that it could have been me, that died. God has me here for a purpose, and I need to find that purpose. I am a firm believer that there are no mistakes with GOD, no one is just an accident. We are special to God and here for a reason. This has become even more real to me as we have struggled with infertility and miscarriages. Thank God for our one miracle son, and for those who know about his birth can truly say he's a miracle!
6. In dealing with many issues and giving them to God, at about 14 years of age, I felt God"s call on my life to be a teacher in NM one day and approx. 14 years later those doors opened. I was about 7 when I started having a tender heart towards Navajo's.
7. My first date with Seth lasted approx. 8 hours! I was amazed that I felt so at ease, it was like sitting down and talking to a best friend, in which we still are!!!
Mel

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Mel!!! I will never ever forget that night. I might as well confess it was me that was trying to be cool. I'm not sure that I have ever been as scared as I was that night. The worst part was realizing that our doors were unlocked and that guy could've tried to get in. I was afraid of stopping at that light for a long time afterward. Especially if it was at night.

Carrie said...

Tsk, tsk. I would've never thought it of the two of you. For shame. ;)

Sarah Cook said...

I LOVE hearing that story about you and Dorcas! It gives me the creeps each time I hear it!