Sunday, December 16, 2007

What's on the "List" for this week?

Plans for this week seem overwhelming! I have cleaning, cards, some decorating, and gifts to wrap Monday night. Tuesday night, we plan to practice playing the bells with the community children for the program and have a little Christmas children's night, giving out gifts that others sent in for the children. Wed. it is the ladies night. We plan a little C. craft, make some candy and share a little gift and devotional. Thursday, we have our Christmas program @ 7:00 p.m. (Please pray!) Friday, we are scheduled for our last day of school for this year with our C. party and then in the evening, we are planning to participate in another program that is on the tales of two kings.
Lord willing, I'll be back to the computer next Sat., if I survive the week.:)
On the serious note, I really do appreciate all the prayers and encouragement you all send our way. Christmas is a very busy time, but it is also a great time for outreach. This past week, when we went C. caroling, I finally had one guy that said he would come to church on Thursday night for the C. program. I hope and pray he will. He will help his mother get ready and send her but he never showed interest in coming.
Hopefully, we will remember our camera next time and be able to share some of the events of this past week. We made lots of cookies, with the school students help, and gave out a plateful to those to whom we went Christmas caroling. Trust you all have a good week and its off to jail service for me............... Still pondering this morning's lesson..........Would I have been willing to say yes to the angel as Mary did when knowing the difficult task that God was asking me to do could mean persecution, separation from loved ones, losing the one I was about to marry, others talking bad about me and the list goes on..............remember it's about CHRISTmas! Mel

No comments: