Sunday, December 9, 2007

Praise and Prayer Update

Thank-you for your prayers! I'm sure every one is busy now a days, but for those of you who do remember us in your prayers. Thank-you!
Yes, Marlin and I were blest with having pink eye for the first time. We hope and pray we are on the mend and do not pass it or get it agian.
Grandma Edith had another procedure again on Monday. They found a bleeding ulcer. We had four little extra ones from Monday morning till Tuesday evening, needless to say, we did not feel like we got enough sleep Tues. morn. with all the interuptions during the night.
She came through the procedures fine, and we once again thought we were making progress, and then yesterday, she was moved back into ICU again.
On the brighter side, I am encouraged, despite the extra unplanned responsibilities, we did get at least five big projects, plus lots of others, completed this week towards Christmas preparations. (Don't ask how many more there is to do, just rejoice with me that five are completed. :) )
Hope you all have a great week!
As the angels rejoiced and sang, let us rejoice and sing!
Once again, thanks for your prayers! Melodie

3 comments:

Sarah Cook said...

Yuck, that pink eye is no fun! Thought I'd drop by your blog and see what you were up to. I see that you are as busy as usual! Hope Edith gets well soon; I do feel sorry for her! Tell everyone that I said "hello."

Bryon and Michele Fling said...

Hey Seth & Mel,

So good to hear from you all!!! We are right now in KY. WE were scheduled to fly back on Nov. 30th, but found out that I had uncontrolled diabetes. Then my grandmother unexpectedly died. We have been helping my mother through all of it. Scheduled to fly back on Jan 24th if the doctor gives his okay. Sitting here wishing I was out there helping you all (I have worker's itch...sitting around all the time is driving me crazy). Sure would love to see you all.
Love & Prayers, Michele Fling

The Yates said...

Thanks Sarah and Michele for leaving a comment. Sarah, I will try to tell the Grandmas and others you said "HI!" Michele, wish we could see you guys, too. Sorry, to hear about your grandmother. Trust God will encourage and strengthen you during this trying time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. It was a suprise tohear you are in KY rather than Peru, but I'm sure it is nice to be home for Christmas!