Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jail Service

Seth and I have prayer before we go into the jail. It’s a must! I asked the Lord to help me be a blessing…, but deep down I was hoping it was like last week and that there were no ladies. There are times I enjoy having Ladies Jail Service and then there are times ……..When I walked inside and looked at the board, I looked quickly for the 0 and instead it was 3. I walked back to the room where we have service, while Seth went to have the men’s service. As two of the ladies walked in the room, I greeted them and gave them each a songbook. One of them in a very gruff voice asked,” What church are you from?” “Calvary Indian Mission” “What kind of church is that?” “Wesleyan Holiness” “Never heard of THAT!” (Now, I am really starting to send prayers heavenward, some of my experiences, I would rather not repeat.) I think the other lady had pity on me, and tries to tell her it’s going to be okay. They didn’t have a song selection, so I felt led to pick, “Tell It To Jesus”. I have witnessed this many times, but it still amazes me, how God can come and settle down and you can actually witness transformation right before your eyes. By the end of that first song, tears were streaming down her face. After several more songs, prayer, and then God helped me share the Gospel message. This lady was so open, all the animosity that I felt earlier was gone. God met with us again during prayer time. Afterwards, she opened up, and shared. One of the reasons, she was upset when I came in was earlier in the week someone told her the reason people backslide is because they are not serious and never get anything at the beginning. Very adamantly she said, “I was serious and I did have a relationship with Jesus. Don’t tell me I didn’t have anything! If that is true, then I don’t even feel like trying, cuz I know it was real.” Once again, God gave wisdom. By the time I left, I felt like having a shouting spell, did a little. My heart was bubbling!! I know God helped and touched a heart and life! Oh, and looking back, even though I didn’t realize it at the time, that was a major spiritual battle I was fighting when I had no desire to have a jail service and felt an unexplainable heaviness.
Thank-you for your prayers!!!
Mel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He GIVES more grace when the burden grow greater! He SENDS more strength as our labors increase! He added afflications He ADDS His mercy and to many extensive trials He ADDS His PEACE! Grace and strength are both requirements for dealing with the snakes! I'm thinking that might even be an affliction!! But it is wonderful to be able to have the PEACE in the midst of all the battle, storm, and confusion! HE IS OUR PEACE! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Well, I got a little messed up there! TO added afflictions He ADDS His mercy! Now you know a little of my affliction! HA! Love you all!