Sunday, February 22, 2009

Murphey's Law

If it's going to happen it will happen when you least want it to.
It happened too. A water leak. I'm just glad the Lord allowed it to be a slow one so we could hold off a couple days for better weather and more time. Melodie woke about 5:30 a.m. and went to the school to turn the heat on - we had no school on President's Day - and found water running out by our meter. All day the wind blew and was pretty cold and Wednesday we had an appointment. Last Dec. there had been a leak on the Utilities Co. side of the meter, so I hope it would be their mess to fix, but it turned out to be my job instead of theirs. With the help of our neighbor's backhoe were able to dig it out and have it repaired and the hole covered before our Thursday eve service. It did inconvenience the students a little but we were able to get buckets of water to flush the commodes. I'M VERY GLAD I DIDN'T HAVE TO DIG IT OUT BY HAND! I have done it before and that is a very big job! That pile of dirt is very water logged and was a magnet to the school kids.

No comments: